System Architect for sales and finances domains
Looking for a job? Come and join #humanIT family of If!Apply
We are now looking for System Architect in the Baltic Application Architecture department to help develop the core insurance system. You will take care of the sales and finances domains and make them work like a swiss clock. You will also help us improve our microservice system with your extensive knowledge and skills.
The major approaches and technologies that we use are:
- Programming mainly using C# for the backend and React/TypeScript for the frontend;
- Use of RabbitMQ and MassTransit as an event distribution platform;
- DB read and write separation (CQS pattern);
- Using ELK stack not only for logging but for speeding-up access to the data in general;
- Highly embraced microservices and microfrontend architecture;
- API-first architecture principles;
- GraphQL as the primary API model.
- Accountable for architecture and technical decisions made in assigned workstreams;
- Prepare architectural and design documentation;
- Review and approve functional & non-functional development and creates implementation guidelines for developers;
- Help to estimate required effort on development at various project stages;
- Guide development team through implementation: through POCs or running XP with developers, explaining design details, and solving design issues;
- Design and guide integration implementation with other components and external systems by selecting and evaluating suitable technologies;
- Develop business and functional design requirements using interviews, document analysis, surveys, business process descriptions, use cases, user stories, business analysis, and business workflow analysis;
- Convey technical and conceptual ideas/topics to non-technical audiences as well as technical personnel;
- Investigate and solves a variety of architecture-related problems such as performance, scalability, integration, etc.;
- Present high-level and low-level designs to relevant stakeholders.
Required skills and experience:
- Proven experience in roles like Lead Developer or Software Architect with experience in enterprise-level applications;
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team-oriented mindset;
- Proven experience and knowledge of programming technologies;
- Ability to write clear architectural design proposals;
- High level of understanding of architectural and enterprise design patterns;
- Expert C#/.Net knowledge and skills;
- Experience with relational databases (SQL Server);
- Good understanding of React and TypeScript;
- Experience with public clouds (we prefer Azure);
- Knowledge of Microservices architecture and the Reactive Manifesto;
- Familiar with Agile methodologies;
- Upper-Intermediate English level (spoken and written);
- Higher education in Math or Computer Science.
You are welcome to join us!
We are the leading insurance company in the Nordic region. Our IT Unit is developing next-generation insurance systems, working with over 25 in-house development projects across the Baltics and Scandinavian countries, using the newest technologies, teamwork, and continuous knowledge sharing. To provide services and systems of superior quality, our IT Unit has expanded to more than 350 IT specialists in Riga and more than 1000 IT specialists in the If Insurance Group.
Our promise to you
- International, modern and dynamic work environment in one of the leading insurance companies in Nordic & Baltic regions
- Personal development and training opportunities within If Group-based IT unit
- Challenging and exciting tasks to carry out
- Different events for knowledge sharing and having fun
- Possibility of remote work, additional vacation days, health insurance and other benefits
- Monthly salary: 4500 – 6700 EUR gross
Your privacy is our priority, therefore confidentiality is guaranteed