Senior Data Engineer
Looking for a job? Come and join #humanIT family of If!
We have an opening for a Data Engineer to develop the best analytics and machine learning platform in the Nordic insurance business. The Data and Analytics Unit is part of our IT Engineering, and our main responsibility is to maintain and develop data and analytics solutions for our business. We are responsible for data lake, data warehouse and business intelligence solutions. Our overall data platform is a cornerstone in our data strategy, and we work according to agile development principles.
You will be joining a Nordic unit with a total of 18 enthusiastic developers, specialists, architects, and managers. Our team is located in If offices in Riga, Oslo and Stockholm.
- Building data pipelines, using Azure cloud tools.
- Participating in Data Warehouse migration to cloud.
- Creating DevOps processes for Data Pipelines.
- Setting up data analytics platform in cloud.
- Following coding, security, privacy & performance best practices.
- Sharing knowledge with other team members.
Your skills and knowledge
- Solid competence and experience in designing and developing cloud-based data analytical platforms, preferably on Microsoft Azure.
- Hands-on experience with Azure.
- Experience with Spark, preferably using Python.
- Good experience with Databricks.
- Experience with Datalake, preferably experience with DWH.
- Good SQL knowledge.
- Experience in developing and maintaining production data pipelines and/or ML solutions.
- Fluent in English.
- Excellent in communication, willing to share knowledge with other team members.
The following will be considered as advantages
- Building Azure ARM Templates.
- Creating CI/CD processes using Azure DevOps.
- PowerShell, .Net programming skills.
- Microsoft SQL Server knowledge.
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI.
Our promise to you
An international, modern, and dynamic working environment in one of the leading insurance companies in the Nordic & Baltic region, challenging and exciting tasks to carry out, personal development and training opportunities within If Group based IT unit, good motivation package, monthly gross salary of EUR 4000–6000 gross, common company benefits, professional and friendly team. Workplace: Vilnius (hybrid working model).
Welcome to the #humanIT family!
We'll inform only selected candidates. Confidentiality is guaranteed.