Head of Business Control & Strategy
Become a member of our organization and be part of a developing business. Together, we can make a significant impact.Apply
We are seeking an experienced leader, business, and finance expert to lead a team of business controllers, to organise the strategy and planning work within If Baltic company and in alignment with the One If strategy of the If Group. Head of Business Control and Strategy is a key role in the organisation reporting directly to CEO and being a member of company’s top management team. Together with Heads of Control from other Business Areas, Baltic representative is also a part of the Corporate business control team on the Group level.
What is this role about?
- Operate cross-functionally and serve as an ‘all seeing eye’ of executive management to understand and improve business operations and value creation in the company. Interact, partner, and work with senior leaders from all units.
- Establish and improve upon existing business management, controlling and reporting practices.
- Identify, implement, and provide relevant KPIs to measure business performance and execution of the chosen strategy.
- Develop and advance models for business analysis and steering (e.g., cost allocation model or model for assessing returns on marketing investments, etc.), standardise and improve business controlling processes.
- Manage the annual process of strategy reiteration and alignment on various levels and across various functions.
- Create a system which permits the organization to achieve its strategic goals and identify, map, and mitigate internal and external risks.
- Organise and guide planning and forecasting work.
- In close collaboration with data unit build data processing and data management tools — a semantic layer in cases if data is coming from multiple sources and a reporting layer for easy access as well as data visualization.
- Provide direct leadership for a team of business controllers, lead, and coach team to create a high performing group of achievers with positive morale shared values and solid engagement.
- Produce timely reports.
- Challenge management and be vocal.
What do we expect from you?
- You have at least a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and strong prior experience in the field of financial management or business analytics and consulting.
- You enjoy developing people and have proven track record in building effective teams.
- You know how to prioritise and delegate whilst ensuring high quality deliverables.
- You are able to motivate others to go the extra mile, same as you do. You love and practice continuous improvement and inspire others do the same.
- You have been exposed to leading digital transformation of business.
- You follow the technology development trends and understand possible implications on lives of individuals, societies, and ways of conducting business.
- You are good at making ‘complex easy’, ensuring transparency and measurability of performance.
- You are based in one of the Baltic countries and knowledgeable in the Baltic socioeconomic context. You are good at noticing trends and translating them into business opportunities and risks.
- You are data driven, analytics and data literacy are your strengths. You are willing to help others to mature in this area.
- You have excellent English skills – both written and spoken.
- If you are strong on the requirements above, prior experience in insurance industry is not required.
Our promise to you
- A value-driven work environment where people come first.
- International, modern, dynamic, and flexible working environment in one of the leading insurance companies in Nordic & Baltic region.
- Exciting tasks in well-established territory with significant impact on organization’s strategy.
- A career/evolution path with personal goals, trainings, and coaching.
- Monthly salary: 6500 – 10 000* EUR gross based on your qualifications, as well as different benefits, short- and long-term bonuses (*due to different employment taxation in Baltic countries specific amount might differ).
- Job contract: permanent.
- Working place: Riga, Tallinn, or Vilnius, job also involves travelling across Baltics and Nordics.
If P&C Insurance is the leading Nordic & Baltic non-life insurance provider serving almost 4 million customers in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, Sweden, Norway, Finland, and Denmark. If is a truly cross-border company guided by one If strategy which enables interesting and diverse international career opportunities. If purpose is to give people confidence today to shape their tomorrow. This is the reason why more than 1000 people with countless personal backgrounds, drivers and dreams pass through If Baltic doors every day. You can become one of them!
If you want a #normaljob, If has one to offer! Apply by February 1
Get in touch! Let us know who you are by submitting your CV and Application letter in English. For questions call +371 67 094 019